Welcome to my Blog, its a quick way for me to get stuff of my chest, talk about my work as a wedding and portrait photographer, and moan about having to lose some weight. I am rubbish at spelling, so I apologise in advance if some of it doesn't make sense, but being the creative type, grammer never really bothered me.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Note to Self: Must stop eating...




















Now all the Holiday fun is drawing to an end, its time to decide what New Years resolution I am going to break first, might as well get it over with, its bound to happen.

One little promise I made to myself, that I am determined to keep, is to keep exercising. I do not meen that ridiculous running that I try to do every January for about 2 weeks, but nice gentle walks in the country, with my dog Lucy.

I always take my compact camera with me when I am out with her, just in case I get a shot of her covered in mud, or swimming in a lake. Just lately I have been testing my little Nikon P1 to see just how good it really is, and I have been pleasantly surprised. Its no where near as good as my primary cameras, but for a little over £100, not so bad at all. The shot at the top of the page was hand held, on a fairly long exposure, but I got a reasonably sharp image, even when printed to 11 x 9 inches. I have decided to frame this image and display it in my viewing room, to break up the display of portrait and wedding images.

Anyway, I've got plenty of left over pork pie to eat, and a couple of beers that need drinking before the wife realises I still have some left.

I hope you all had a happy and hearty New Year, all the best.

Paul

No comments: