Welcome to my Blog, its a quick way for me to get stuff of my chest, talk about my work as a wedding and portrait photographer, and moan about having to lose some weight. I am rubbish at spelling, so I apologise in advance if some of it doesn't make sense, but being the creative type, grammer never really bothered me.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Jacqui and Martin



What a shoot, probably one of the shortest engagements shoots in history. Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting Jacqui and Martin for the first time, and shooting a few images for their engagement session.





Jacqui and Martin were the lucky couple to have won the free wedding photos competition I ran last year at the National Exhibition Centre. The competition was run in conjunction with British Forces Radio, and was actually won by Jacqui's future Sister-in-Law, who then donated the prize the couple.



We met at the wedding venue in Hartlepool, which gave me the opportunity to check the place out for the wedding, and the couple looked through a selection of albums and chose the style they would like to have for their images.




The weather had looked a little grim for a few days, but we chose to give it a go anyway as there was a gap in the worst of the storm. All looked Ok as we strolled along the seafront, but as I raised the camera for the first shots the wind picked up and all hell broke loose. I managed to expose about 30 frames before we made a run for it back to our cars. In a matter of seconds we were all totally drenched.


I would like to thank Jacqui and Martin for their time yesterday, I hope the weather did not dampen the mood, and I hope you got home safely, if a little damp.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Paul these are brilliant, we are both really pleased with them. J+M