Welcome to my Blog, its a quick way for me to get stuff of my chest, talk about my work as a wedding and portrait photographer, and moan about having to lose some weight. I am rubbish at spelling, so I apologise in advance if some of it doesn't make sense, but being the creative type, grammer never really bothered me.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

2008 Fight the Flab Campaign





Well here goes, I've spent the last 2 weeks gorging on pork pies, chocolate and roast dinners, and I have drunk more than my fair share of wine and beer, so its about time I started to look after myself abit.

I have always been able to carry a little weight without looking too porky, but just recently I have noticed a gradual increase in my waist size and I have started to feel more tired earlier in the day. Not a good sign for someone who has only just had his 39th birthday, if I was 10 years older I wouldn't feel quite so bad, but I am not exactly old and I feel like I should be wrapped in a blanket, doing jigsaws with a cup of cocoa. "I AM NOT OLD", I keep telling myself, "but why don't my trousers fit anymore?" , because you eat too much and sit in front of a computer too much....easy really, I know what the problem is, so I really must do something about it.

So I am publicly announcing my intention to fight the flab. I intend to lose at least 13 kgs over the next 6 months. I shouldn't be so difficult, cut down on sugery sweets, no snacking between meals, exercise more regularily....arghhhh, I can feel the pressure already.

Never mind, its a case of mind over matter, Alison doesn't mind, and I don't matter.

To help me along, and to give everyone an idea of how I am doing, I have created a Lardometer, a simple scale to demonstrate just how much weight I am losing. I intend to post an update every week, hopefully there will be an change and you will be able to see how I am doing.

Anyway, too all of you who are in the same boat as me, and are willing to do something about it, good luck, I hope you all do better than me.

Happy New year





Paul

No comments: