Welcome to my Blog, its a quick way for me to get stuff of my chest, talk about my work as a wedding and portrait photographer, and moan about having to lose some weight. I am rubbish at spelling, so I apologise in advance if some of it doesn't make sense, but being the creative type, grammer never really bothered me.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My new website...I love it

I have been working tirelessly over the last few weeks to create a brand new website. I have had the earlier website for about two years and I was beginning to feel that it looked a little dated and sterile, so i decided to give the site an overhaul.

My old site was created by the team at Creative Motion Design, they produce some wonderful template based flash sites specifically for photographers. The control panels are easy to use and the servers are reasonably stable and the support is amazing. I decided I wanted CMD to to create my new site, I chose one of their great designs and submitted a few changes and in no time at all I had a new site. The problem started when I had to start loading up the images and writing the text, I am so busy that finding time to actually sit down and do it was just so diffficult. When I actually pulled my socks up and started adding images I had it done in now time. The CMD control panel has an amazing facility to bulk upload the images, its so quick, my galleries were finished in no time at all.

I am really pleased with the site, I hope it shows of my personality as well as my photography. There are loads of great photographers in the Newark area, so having a good website is really important when trying to get noticed. I think my new site is even better than I expected it to be and I am sure it will bring more interest in my work.

I love photography, my family are always saying that I am lucky to be doing a job that I enjoy doing so much. I have to agree with them, I consider myself priveliged to be allowed into so many peoples lives and to actually get paid to photograph them.

No comments: