Welcome to my Blog, its a quick way for me to get stuff of my chest, talk about my work as a wedding and portrait photographer, and moan about having to lose some weight. I am rubbish at spelling, so I apologise in advance if some of it doesn't make sense, but being the creative type, grammer never really bothered me.

Monday, January 07, 2008

Gimme a B, Gimme a L, Gimme a U.....


Last Friday I had the pleasure of photographing a group of lovely young ladies from Newark. The Blue Sapphires Cheerleaders are preparing for a trip to America to compete in an International Cheerleading Competition. By all accounts the girls have great chance of coming home with medals and trophies, so lets hope they do well.
The group was simply lit with my Lumedyne portable lights, another example of why using battery powered lighting systems enables you to work effectively without having to trail cables all over the place. The gym was lit with horrible flourescent tubes, which were giving a sickly green colour to the image. I decided to overpower the ambient light by using a fast shutter speed and white balancing for the flash.
Anyway, being in a room full of giggly teenage girls turned out not to be as scary as I had imagined, they are harmless really.
Go Girls.....

No comments: