Welcome to my Blog, its a quick way for me to get stuff of my chest, talk about my work as a wedding and portrait photographer, and moan about having to lose some weight. I am rubbish at spelling, so I apologise in advance if some of it doesn't make sense, but being the creative type, grammer never really bothered me.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Big lights, big hats and big smiles......
I haven't blogged much about wedding photography in a while, but after reviewing a wonderful wedding I shot this weekend I felt I had to put something on my blog about this particular wedding.


Laura and David are an amazing couple, from the very first time I met them I felt this couple would be special together and sure enough, when it came to the wedding day, they didn't disappoint. The wedding was held at a little church in Orston, near to where I live in Newark, it wasn't a big wedding, but it was well attended by plenty of close family friends and relatives, the church was lovely, well lit and spacious making the photography a dream. I did strugle at one point, Lesley, Laura's mom, wore a stunning hat, which really set her outfit off well, but also hid her face when in profile, but even so, both Laura and Lesley looked stunning in their outfits....



The weather was glorious, I was sweating buckets in my suit, but the wedding was relaxed enough I felt comfortable enough taking my jacket and tie off later in the day, which was very welcome, as was the the elderflower cordial....

It wasn't long before I felt the creative juices flowing and I cracked open myLumedyne lights and set about overpowering the daylight, which worked extremely well gainst the blue skies..



Laura and David let me play to my hearts content and seemed to enjoy the portrait session more than most, we got some great photos of them together., as well as a few individual portraits, Laura's smile really lifted the photographs....she has the most beautiful natural smile that comes across in almost every picture....

No comments: