Welcome to my Blog, its a quick way for me to get stuff of my chest, talk about my work as a wedding and portrait photographer, and moan about having to lose some weight. I am rubbish at spelling, so I apologise in advance if some of it doesn't make sense, but being the creative type, grammer never really bothered me.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Autumn is well on its way....


A few days ago, Alison, Lucy and myself managed to get a few hours out in the fresh air together. It seems like ages since we had all been out together, and since the weather was so good we decided we had to make the most of it.

We decided to load up and go for a gentle stroll at Sherwood Pines, which is the largest public area of Sherwood Forest. Its only about 25 minutes from where we live, so it really convenient as well.

Lucy absolutely loved it, she went completely bonkers ferreting in the undergrowth, she didn't even notice the two stags that appeared momentarily in front of us. They were an awesome sight, its a pity I only had my 50mm on my 30D, as they were just to far away to get a decent shot, but it was worth it just to watch them as they wandered past us.



Lucy swimming across the pond, with Alison in the background

Anyway, the most stricking part of the day was the stunning colours of the leaves that are turning. The 50mm was perfect for selecting the individual leaves on the ground, as well as the Chestnuts that were all over the forest floor.



If anyone is stuck for something to do in a quiet Sunday afternoon, I would recommend a trip to Sherwood Forest.

No comments: