Welcome to my Blog, its a quick way for me to get stuff of my chest, talk about my work as a wedding and portrait photographer, and moan about having to lose some weight. I am rubbish at spelling, so I apologise in advance if some of it doesn't make sense, but being the creative type, grammer never really bothered me.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Few Days Off...



This Year I deliberately made the effort to spent Easter with my family, something that was almost always an impossibility, but this year I managed it.

Alison and I decided to get off our backsides and get away from home and go walking. We have always enjoyed walking and climbing but the last couple of years have been difficult to fit the time in. As we have done anything particul;arily difficult for quite a while we decided to stay fairly local and visit the Dark Peak area of the Derbyshire Peak District. Great hills, with loads of fantastic pubs, perfect.

Considering I used to be a volunteer member of a Mountain Rescue Team, and I was extremely fit, I really puffed up the first hill, Alison lead the way for quite a distance, but I soon found my pace and we managed a stroll along quite nicely. Our main summit was Mam Tor, the site of an ancient Bronze Age fort, which can be easily reached from the road, but we decided to attack the hill from the far side, which is much steeper and much more satisfying.


Lucy and I at the summit of Mam Tor.
On the summit were a large group of Parapenting enthusiasts, enjoying the thermals, one landed very close to use which upset Lucy,my Labrador, and set her off barking madly, but no harm was done.


The walk was over in a few hours, much shorter than we had planned, but this gave us plenty of time to enjoy the food in a local pub and enjoy a pleasant drive exploring the area.

Lucy recovering from her walk
We hope to continue walking this summer, when work allows, there is something special about the hills.

No comments: