Welcome to my Blog, its a quick way for me to get stuff of my chest, talk about my work as a wedding and portrait photographer, and moan about having to lose some weight. I am rubbish at spelling, so I apologise in advance if some of it doesn't make sense, but being the creative type, grammer never really bothered me.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Jammie Dodgers and Fogburn......

Alison and I decided to take a quick break and make the most of a quiet few days before the busy summer season kicks into gear.

Canon 1DMKIIN 24-70mm set to 70mm

We managed to get booked into a very nice little cottage in Coniston in the lake District. As usual with the Lakes the weather was changeable, erring on the side of wet, but on the whole the trip turned out to be the best idea we had in ages. It was a very relaxing and stress free few days away from e-mail and telephones, well worth the money.


Canon 1DMKIIN 24-70mm set to 24mm

We spent a few days on the hill, but most of the time we just toddled about the area, wandering around the lakes and mooching around the shops. We did have a wonderful evening on the solar powered Coniston Launch, this super quiet tourist boat took us around the Lake as the sun set, we even enjoyed a bottle of wine. Lucy was very well behaved, especially after we let her look over the side at the water.

Nikon P1 compact camera

Our only really wet day was the day we decided to climb the Old Man, we took the miners track past the old workings to the top. It was quite a site to see the disused buildings that have fallen into disrepair, it must have been an extremely arduous job working moving green slate and copper ore on the mountain, especially when you have to walk all the way up there to start your working day.

Canon 1DMKIIN 24-70mm set to 24mm

Canon 1DMKIIN 24-70mm set to 50mm

Visibility was down to less than 20 metres on the top, Lucy, who had behaved wonderfully on the journey up, had become covered in a fine layer of mist that had frozen on her whiskers. As we sat out of the wind enjoying a cup of tea and a jammie dodger I could feel my head getting warm. When we got down it seems that even though the weather was poor I had still managed to burn the top of my baldie head. I should have put on my hat earlier.

Canon 1DMKIIN 24-70mm set to 24mm
Canon 1DMKIIN 24-70mm set to 24mm


No comments: