Welcome to my Blog, its a quick way for me to get stuff of my chest, talk about my work as a wedding and portrait photographer, and moan about having to lose some weight. I am rubbish at spelling, so I apologise in advance if some of it doesn't make sense, but being the creative type, grammer never really bothered me.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

What an fantastic job

Canon 1DMKIIN 24-70 lens set to 70mm
I am always amazed at just how lucky I am, I may not be, financially, the richest person in the world, but I am rich in another respect. I get to meet some of the most interesting, and inspiring, people as well as getting involved in some fascinating projects.
Last week I got to meet Scott, he is an inspiration to all of us who want to better ourselves and do something for their local community. He was a mineworker for 15 years, working a tough physical job, in extreme conditions for long hours and for very little pay. After many years of soul searching he made the decision to do something different with his life and he went back to school. Now 5 years later he now teaches the very course he did, and now inspires others to make the move to improve their own lives.

Canon 1DMKIIN 24-70 lens set to 70mm
A simple decision on his part not only enabled him to improve his own lot, also means that others get to improve their lives. His ability to communicate with, and encourage, others was quite apparent, his friendly attitude proving popular with his students and those he works with. He is someone that we should all aspire to be like.
Good Luck for the future Scott, you are an inspiration to us all.

No comments: