Welcome to my Blog, its a quick way for me to get stuff of my chest, talk about my work as a wedding and portrait photographer, and moan about having to lose some weight. I am rubbish at spelling, so I apologise in advance if some of it doesn't make sense, but being the creative type, grammer never really bothered me.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Newark Jazz Festival


Canon 1DMKIIN 120-300 f2.8 set to 300mm
Newark has become the location for one of the Uk's premier music events, those of you who have read my previous posts will already be aware that I am a huge music fan. I managed to use the oppurtunity to photograph some amazing artists from all over the Uk and abroad. Artists played in pubs, clubs, bars and restaurants all over Newark, some of the events required tickets, but most were free, opening up Jazz music to thousands who had probably not enjoyed the experience before.
The ultimate experience was the oppurtunity to see the great Jazz Legend George Melly, the wonderful blues singer, who had not been well recently, performed at the Palace Theatre. He was being filmed by the BBC for a documentary, and he was the ultimate entertainer even though he had to perform from a wheelchair.

Canon 1DMKIIN 12-24 set to 12mm

Canon 1DMKIIN 12-24 set to 12mm

Canon 1DMKIIN 24-70 set to 70mm

Canon 1DMKIIN 24-70 set to 70mm

Canon 1DMKIIN 24-70 set to 70mm


Canon 1DMKIIN 24-70 set to 70mm

Canon 1DMKIIN 120-300 f2.8 set to 300mm

Canon 1DMKIIN 120-300 f2.8 set to 300mm
I won't go into details, but I hope you like the images. More will be posted on my main site later this week.












No comments: