Welcome to my Blog, its a quick way for me to get stuff of my chest, talk about my work as a wedding and portrait photographer, and moan about having to lose some weight. I am rubbish at spelling, so I apologise in advance if some of it doesn't make sense, but being the creative type, grammer never really bothered me.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Freedom of Speech

Throughout my life I have always believed in the right to comment, whether your views are cotroversial or not the right to speak out is a right that should be fought for.

This freedom is probably best demonstrated by the incredible journalism demonstrated by the men and women who work for the BBC. The quality of their writing and broadcasting is second to none, being unbiased and totally professional whether reporting at home or away in foreign countries.

This quality can best be demonstrated by BBC Journalist Alan Johnston. Alan is the BBC's Reporter from Gaza in the Middle East. Some time ago Alan was kidnapped and is being held by terrorists under threat of losing his life because of what he does: telling the truth.

In an attempt to raise the profile of Alan's case and convince the terrorists to release Alan, a petition has been started to show public opinion in favour of his case, and gain his safe release.

To show your support please sign the petition, maybe together we can help get Alan home safe.

Alan Johnston banner

No comments: