Welcome to my Blog, its a quick way for me to get stuff of my chest, talk about my work as a wedding and portrait photographer, and moan about having to lose some weight. I am rubbish at spelling, so I apologise in advance if some of it doesn't make sense, but being the creative type, grammer never really bothered me.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Kelly and Paul Engagement Session



This weekend I had the pleasure to meet Kelly and Paul again to shoot their engagement session. A few simple photos in their backgarden, playing with their lovely dog Piper and we were done in few minutes.


I got to play with my portable lighting rig again, here a simple one-light set-up in the garden. The light from the flash dominates the shot, but exposing 1 and a half stops under the ambient still allows a small amount of rimlight to separate Paul from the background. Who needs a studio?

Kellys skin glows naturally so I had no problem lighting her. One light and a spaceblanket reflector creates beautiful soft light and lights up her eyes.
Piper, what a sweetheart, she was perfectly behaved, I could have taken her home.

No comments: